Thursday, August 15, 2013

A little inspiration :)

So, I've been terribly busy lately, which is why I haven't been posting much, and posting something simple when I do... My cousin is getting married this weekend and I am her maid of honor :D So I've had an awful lot to do the past week. But here's another little inspirational story, that I was reminded of yesterday as I was reading the comments posted to a YouTube video about epilepsy. They were so mean, and ignorant and careless.... And I just want to remind everybody that no matter how other people treat you, you are a human being, and that you are priceless, no matter how cruel people are to you. Seizures do not make you worthless, even though it can feel that way sometimes. You are not a victim, you are strong. And even though epilepsy is a cruel beast, you have to keep fighting.

Copied from http://mbstories.quora.com/Who-Wants-This-Dollar-Bill

 Cassan Said Amer tells a story about a lecturer who began a seminar holding up a one dollar bill, and asking:
- Who wants this dollar bill?

Several hands went up, but the lecturer said:
- Before handing it over, there’s something I must do.
He furiously crushed it, and asked again:
- Who still wants this bill?
The hands continued raised.
- And what if I do this?
He threw it against the wall, letting it fall to the floor, kicked it, stamped in it and again held up the bill – all dirty and crumpled. He repeated the question, and the hands continued to be held high.
- You mustn’t ever forget this scene – said the lecturer. – No matter what I do with this money, it’ll still be a one dollar bill.
“Many times in our lives, we are crushed, stamped on, kicked, maltreated, offended; however, in spite of this, we are still worth the same.”

Y'all have an awesome weekend, don't forget your meds, and I'll talk to you Sunday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment